It’s Top 10 Tuesday and just a few weeks away from our first show of the season, so we’re here to offer you a few tips on getting the most out of your audience experience at our monthly cabaret!
1. Dressing up is half the fun! Our audiences love to dress with the theme of the show, whether full-blown cosplay or just a tiny suggestion of a character. We often will have an impromptu fashion show or costume contest with prizes, and you don’t want to miss out!
2. Don’t sprawl into the aisle. If you see an aisle set up down the middle of the seats, we PROMISE we’re going to use it. Careful not to get hurt! Also, remember that sitting in the front row and the aisle means you’re willing to be a part of the fun — think of it as a glitterific splash zone of sorts.
3. Bring a bit of cash with you. We always have fabulous things for sale, from Lady Grey’s Lovelies shot glass to Live Outrageously tshirts. There’s no pressure, but that sequin bag might your name written all over it…
4. Pick your flavor. Our two show times have very different vibes, even though they usually feature the same basic numbers. The 8 pm show is always a little more relaxed, and the 10 pm show is always a little more rowdy.
5. Get a season pass if you think you’re going to make it to most of the shows. The season subscription includes awesome perks you can’t get otherwise, including reserved seats, meet and greets, and signed souvenirs. It also gets you one show for free and you save on ticketing fees, so consider the incredible value!!
6. Buy your tickets ahead of time. We actually will set up our “house” based on the number of ticket sales to make sure seating feels comfortable for everyone, so it is super helpful to us to know before the day of the show, even if you only buy them a few days in advance.
7. Put your phone away. We want you to enjoy the performance as a live experience, not through a camera or while texting all night. Take advantage of photo opportunities with our Lovelies during intermission and after the show — we even have a strolling Polaroid photographer taking pics if you want a souvenir!
8. Use social media. We love when people check in to our shows, post on our Facebook page, tag us on Instagram, and more. If you DO take pics, whether of you and your friends pre-show, during the finale, with Lovelies during intermission, or even partying afterward, please post them to social media using the hashtag #ladygreyscabaret. We’d love to see!
9. Do not try and tip performers while they are performing. If you have a burning desire to give someone money, please see one of our stage kittens and they will make sure your gift is delivered to the right person. Also, we all accept flowers and chocolate, if you feel inspired.
10. Bring friends. This is a perfect date night, sure. But it also is hysterical fun for a big group of girlfriends (read: excuse to dress up) or a guys’ night out (aka wife-approved entertainment). Our cabarets are variety shows with a little something for everyone — from hilarious hosts and fantastic flappers to burlesque babies and sultry sopranos. Everyone is welcome!!!
So we’ll see you on September 23rd for our Speakeasy party on Opening Night! Come make our audience FANTASTIC!!!!
Lady Grey & the Lovelies