There is obviously a long story behind this post, but it will have to wait for my upcoming “Dummies Guide to Burlesque Songs” post, as I’m super busy with holiday plans this weekend.
Here, without further ado, is a quick list of perfectly perfect tunes for the brave little dancer (or voyeur) inside each of you. In no particular order:
1. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl – Muddy Waters
2. The Lady is a Tramp – Lena Horne
3. Fever – Peggy Lee
4. Honeysuckle Rose – Fats Waller
5. Love Me Like a Man – Diana Krall
6. In the Mood – Puppini Sisters
7. Cheek to Cheek – Eva Cassidy
8. Finest Lovin’ Man – Bonnie Raitt
9. If I Had You – Adam Lambert
10. Born This Way – Lady Gaga
You’ll notice this list spans everything from Hollywood classics to contemporary pop hits. More on this soon, including fantastic lists of songs separated into vintage, blues, big band, vocal, etc. I’ll leave the creativity to you.
What songs do YOU love? Even if you don’t dance for your sweetheart (or he/0she doesn’t dance for you), what songs do you think would be absolutely magical for a burlesque routine or sexy striptease? Maybe yours will make one of the lists in my next post!